Who doesn’t need a sidekick when cleaning? A tiny handheld vacuum could be that sidekick. They are perfect to break out when small accidents happen.
The thing is, how do you choose the one for you?
There are so many different brands and prices. In this article, we’ll break down some of the best handheld vacuums in the market.
What to Look for in the Best Handheld Vacuum
There are a few things to think about before buying a vacuum. You should look at the brand and any accessories that comes with it.
Type of Vacuum
You should make sure that the handheld is the right vacuum for you.
This is the classic style of vacuum. This is what you picture when you think of a vacuum. The motor and suction head are in the same unit.
These are small devices that can fit in your hand. These aren’t as powerful as most other vacuums.
These vacuums can be used as a handheld or an upright vacuum. This is because the motor and suction head are separated.
These are most advanced kind of vacuum. You can program it to go around your house without you having to do a thing.
- Lithium Ion for long battery life and outstanding performance; Always ready holds a charge for up to 18 months
- Long life, Lightweight, and no memory effect.Suction Power 15.2 AW; Dustbowl Capacity: 20.6 ounces
- Smart Charge Technology uses up to 50 percent less energy,air Watts: 15.2 Watts, Voltage: 16V MAX
This vacuum has a lithium ion battery that can hold a charge for up to 18 months. It has smart charge technology that uses 50% less energy. It only weighs 2.6 pounds.
The cyclonic action helps keep the filter clean and the power strong. There’s also a translucent bagless dirt bowl, that way you have the satisfaction to see what you sucked up. It’s also easy to dump out.
It features a rotating slim nozzle so that it can get into tight spaces. It has a 2-year warranty.
People don’t like that it can’t be hung on the wall to charge, it has a short run time, and it has trouble picking things up in thick carpets.
- PICK UP AND GO: this hand vac packs power and portability - all under 4 pounds.
- EXTENDED REACH: long 16-foot power cord gives you the freedom to clean complete car interiors and stairs.
- GREAT FOR PET HAIR AND CAR CLEANING: The lightweight and portable design is great for vacuuming pet hair or cleaning...
This vacuum weighs 3.75 pounds but still packs a punch. It has a 16-foot power cord and an integrated quick flip crevice tool for cleaning tight spaces.
It has a 7-amp motor, 2.5 foot hose, a bagless design and a 3 year warranty.
Pros of this vacuum are that it can fold down to get into tight spaces, it has a long power cord, and it has strong suction power. Cons are that it’s loud, some felt it was a little heavy, and that the filter is small.
- BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser hand vacuum is cordless, to clean wherever your pet goes
- Motorized foot provides powerful suction for a deeper clean. Power Rating : 14.4 Volts
- Crevice tool helps clean hard-to-reach areas and tight spaces. Telescoping Extension Wand
This is a 3-pound cordless handheld that can go everywhere you do. It has a motorized foot that provides powerful suction for a deeper clean.
It has a dual action filtration system to keep the filter life longer and make it easier to clean.
Accessories include a crevice tool, telescoping extension wand, and upholstery tool. It also comes with a 1-year warranty.
Perks of this vacuum are that it can get rid of pet hair easily, you can maneuver it with ease, and it’s quiet while running. Some of the downsides are that it takes a long time to charge, the battery doesn’t last long, and that it can’t be mounted on a wall.
- Portable, lightweight handheld vacuum for home, car or garage; weighs less than 5 pounds
- Motorized brush with on/off switch for thorough cleaning of carpets, Integrated filter with easy to empty dust...
- 20-foot cord gives extended reach to clean an entire room, set of stairs or a vehicle in the driveway
This handheld weighs 4.85 pounds. It has a motorized brush with an on/off switch for deep cleaning. It also has an integrated filter with an easy to empty dump canister.
It can handle any type of surface. It has 2 motors. One for the brush, and one for suction. It comes with a 20-foot power cord and a 1-year warranty.
People like this vacuum because the power cord is long, the power it has, and how deep it can clean. On the flip side, people don’t like it’s a little heavy, the filter is hard to clean, and the handle isn’t exactly comfortable.
- Capacity (volume) - .15 gallon; Cord free; Hassle free; No cord to unravel, plug in, drag around and restrict your...
- Tools included: mini motorized tool, combination tool, crevice tool
- Powered by Dyson digital motor V7; The most powerful handheld vacuum; Up to 30 minutes of fade free suction; With fade...
This vacuum claims that it has 3 times the suction power than any other handheld. It’s powered by the Dyson digital motor V7, it’s 3 times faster than conventional motors. This is all in a 3.4-pound package.
It has 2-tier radial cyclones. This means 15 cyclones arranged in 2 tiers, work in parallel to increase airflow and catch fine dust.
It ergonomically fits into the shape of your hand. It can handle any surface or material. It has 20 minutes of suction. It also has a max power setting.
Pros are that it’s lightweight, it’s very powerful, and the boost mode. Cons of this vacuum are that it’s not super powerful, the price, and it can be hard to dump out the container.
- Portable and ultra-lightweight. Less than 4 pounds in total
- True Pet Motorized Brush for handheld deep cleaning
- Easy-to-empty dust cup. No bag needed and empties with the touch of a button.
This handheld weighs 3.7 pounds. It has an easy to empty dust cup. It also features a TruePet motorized brush for deep cleaning and a mini motorized brush to get debris from upholstery.
It has a 15-foot power cord. It never loses suction. It features washable and reusable filters and a 1-year warranty.
Perks of the vacuum are the easy to change attachments, it’s easy to empty, and has powerful suction. Its downsides are that the cord doesn’t retract so you have to wind it up yourself, the crevice tool isn’t flat, and people wish there was an attachment for tight spaces.
This 3.5-pound handheld has a 600-watt motor. It also has a quick release dust cup with a washable filter.
It comes with an upholstery brush, dusting brush, crevice tool, and flexible hose. It also comes with a 15-foot power cord. It has a 90-day warranty.
People like this vacuum because it’s very powerful despite its tiny frame, it’s perfect for small places, and that the cord is long. Conversely, people don’t like that it heats up fast, some people say that the attachments fall off, and some people have said that it’s loud.
This 3.27-pound handheld can get into corners and in other awkward spots. It has a 30-minute battery life and is able to recharge. It’s also quieter than most vacuums while running.
It has 6 KPA suction and a standing charge base. There’s a translucent cup so that you can see how much grime you sucked up. It has a washable filter.
It comes with 2 washable filters, a brush nozzle, a rubber jar tool, crevice nozzle, charging base, and cleaning brush.
Perks of this vacuum are the attachments that come with it, it’s quiet while running, and its powerful suction. The cons are that the battery life is short, the instructions were unhelpful, and that the charging base can’t be mounted on a wall.
- POWERFUL& PORTABLE CAR VACUUM: 12-volt 75W 3200PA suction, super mini hand-held automotive/vehicle vacuum cleaner with...
- CONVENIENT& LONG CORD: The power cord of this handheld auto vacuum cleanner is 4.5 meters(14.8 feet) long, It can clean...
- WASHABLE& REMOVABLE HEPA FILTER: This filter can be taken out of and can be washed with water, you can use a toothbrush...
This has a 12-volt motor and 3200A suction power. It weighs 11.8 ounces. It has a 4.5m power cord. It’s designed to be quiet while running.
It has a washable and reusable HEPA filter. It comes with a pivoting nozzle so that you can get into tight places.
People like this vacuum because it can be used with or without a hose, it has great suction, and that it can plug into the car. While people don’t like that it fills quickly, some people felt that the attachments didn’t help, and the suction strength isn’t great.
- STRONG SUCTION, DEEP CLEANING: Homasy portable vacuum utilizes a 100W ultra-high power motor with suction up to 8Kpa. In...
- SUPER LONG CLEANING TIME: Adopted 4x2200mah high capacity Lithium batteries with working time up to 30 minutes, Homasy...
- ALL-ROUND CLEANING, NO DEAD ANGLES: With 3 different types of attachments, The portable Cordless vacuum can help you...
This 3.26-pound vacuum can pack a punch. It’s passed the ETL certification. It’s cordless, so it can go anywhere you do.
It has 14.8 lithium battery, 90w-motor, and radial cyclone. This means that it sucks up more dust by increasing airflow to generate stronger suction. It runs 30 minutes at a time before needing to be recharged.
It comes with 3 attachments. A rubber jar attachment, a brush attachment, and crevice nozzle. These are perfect for picking up wet and dry messes. You can dump out the container with a push of a button. It also has a 1-year warranty.
Pros of this vacuum are its suction power, how quiet it is while running, and the washable filters. Cons are that it doesn’t have a longer extension and the fact it doesn’t come with a wall mount.
All these vacuums are good. It depends on what you are looking for from the vacuum.
Are you looking for something to get rid of pet hair?
Then you should try the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser.
The LOLLDEAL Vacuum might be a good fit for you.